by Kirk Wakefield – October 2014
How do I get into sports?
How do you get into sports? Once you get in, how do you succeed in sports? The short answer is: Demonstrate a strong work ethic, network and build relationships within sports, and exhibit integrity in all you do.
The somewhat longer answer is to read everything on this page. This is the one-stop shop for any and everything you ever wanted to know about sports careers. Enjoy.
Getting the interview in sports
Everything you ever needed to know about getting the interview, how to shine in an interview, and what not to do in an interview. Written by an HR expert, Jeannette Salas, Houston Texans.
Getting ready for careers in sports
Which comes first: Happiness or success?
- Shawn Achor, The Happiness Advantage
Six differences between working in college vs. pro sports (and why they may change)
- Rocky Harris, Arizona State University
How much will I earn working in sports?
- The S3 Report
So you want a career in sports? Here are a few tips…
- Shawn McGee, Homestead Miami Speedway
3 Questions you must answer if you want to work in sponsorships
- Matt Brand, Houston Astros
10 Things newbies need to know about the sports CRM world
- Chris Zeppenfeld, Charlotte Hornets
How to get ahead in sports
How to get promoted in sports sales careers
- Rob Zuer, Houston Rockets
- Jason Fortune, Texas Rangers
- Jeff Eldersveld, Columbus Blue Jackets
How’s your sense of sell? Defining your personal brand
- Brian George, Baylor IMG College
New kid on the sponsorship block
- Clark McCormick, Dallas Mavericks
How to expand your skill set to advance your career
- Bill Glenn, The Breakout Group
Practice? We talkin’ about practice?
- Bob Hamer, Phoenix Suns
How to recognize & avoid sales burnout
- Kris Katseanes, FC Dallas
Top 10 ways to inspire others (and succeed in the business of sports)
- Frank Miceli, San Antonio Spurs
Cover photo, Waco Tribune Herald, Rod Aydelotte