by Kirk Wakefield – October 2014
How do I get into sports?
How do you get into sports? Once you get in, how do you succeed in sports? The short answer is: Demonstrate a strong work ethic, network and build relationships within sports, and exhibit integrity in all you do.
The somewhat longer answer is to read everything on this page. This is the one-stop shop for any and everything you ever wanted to know about sports careers. Enjoy.
Getting the interview in sports
Everything you ever needed to know about getting the interview, how to shine in an interview, and what not to do in an interview. Written by an HR expert, Jeannette Salas, Houston Texans.
Getting ready for careers in sports
- Shawn Achor, The Happiness Advantage
- Rocky Harris, Arizona State University
- The S3 Report
- Shawn McGee, Homestead Miami Speedway
- Matt Brand, Houston Astros
- Chris Zeppenfeld, Charlotte Hornets
How to get ahead in sports
- Rob Zuer, Houston Rockets
- Jason Fortune, Texas Rangers
- Jeff Eldersveld, Columbus Blue Jackets
- Brian George, Baylor IMG College
- Clark McCormick, Dallas Mavericks
- Bill Glenn, The Breakout Group
- Bob Hamer, Phoenix Suns
- Kris Katseanes, FC Dallas
- Frank Miceli, San Antonio Spurs
Cover photo, Waco Tribune Herald, Rod Aydelotte