ENT Buzz | Shaun Limbers

Shaun Limbers, Associate Director Baugh Center Entrepreneurship & Free Enterprise

WHO IS SHAUN LIMBERS?

My beautiful wife, Kristin, and I have four boys (yes, four boys). Right out of college I worked as a special assistant to a United States Senator. After his retirement, I transitioned into the investment space (primarily private equity, real estate) where I ultimately started my own company and investing in operating portfolio companies.

WHAT DO YOU DO AT BAYLOR?

I joined Baylor Entrepreneurship in 2019. In my role as Associate Director of the Baugh Center for Entrepreneurship and Free Enterprise I have the privilege of helping oversee numerous programs that allow me to tap into my background and passion for business and entrepreneurship.

WHAT’S SOMETHING INTERESTING ABOUT WORKING IN THE ENT DEPARTMENT?

Every day I am in awe of the caliber and commitment of Baylor Entrepreneurship students, particularly their commitment to the entrepreneurial spirit at such an early stage in life. Imagine owning and operating a business your freshman year in college. Or starting a business the day after graduation. Today’s students are tomorrow’s leaders – and I think the future is bright.

WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE BAYLOR TRADITION?

There are so many! To single out just one, Christmas on 5th would have to be my pick. It’s such a wonderful time that truly represents the spirit of Baylor. Students, faculty and staff gather together to kick off the holiday season as one community, as one family… the Baylor family.

WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE TO A NEW ENT MAJOR?

Find a way to differentiate yourself from your peers. Don’t underestimate how contributions to the human spirit can give you an edge in business. Some of the most incredible people I’ve worked with stood out because they were brilliant minds who also took the time to be nice people – even with hundreds of millions or even billions of dollars on the line.

For more information on Baylor Entrepreneurship, please visit our website at baylor.edu/business/entrepreneurship/.