ENT Buzz | Kathy Carr

Kathy Carr, Program Manager Baugh Center Entrepreneurship & Free Enterprise

WHO IS KATHY CARR?

I am a Baylor grad with a BBA in Marketing. My daughter, Emily, is a Nutrition Sciences major and she just wrapped up her freshman year here at Baylor. I love living in Waco. For me, the perfect Saturday morning in Waco is a long walk in Cameron Park and a stop by the Waco Downtown Farmers Market, followed up by coffee at one of the local coffee shops. I may or may not drink a little too much coffee, but thankfully Waco is full of locally owned coffee shops!

WHAT DO YOU DO AT BAYLOR?

I’ve been working in the Entrepreneurship department for almost five years. For most of my career, I worked in marketing and communications within franchising organizations. As a Program Manager in the Entrepreneurship department, I’ve been able to blend my past experiences within an academia setting. One of my favorite things is managing the Confessions of an Entrepreneur speaker series. I love getting to know local business owners and giving them a platform to talk about their entrepreneurial journey… a platform to confess. I feel that these business owners have so much insight to offer and that Baylor students can learn so much from them.

WHAT’S SOMETHING INTERESTING ABOUT WORKING IN THE ENT DEPARTMENT?

I was used to working with executives and business owners so the transition to working with professors has definitely been an adjustment. Who knew that stuffy business school professors could actually be quirky and cool! One Entrepreneurship professor rides his Razor Scooter to the office each day and another actually had his five-minutes-of-fame while unwittingly walking in the background of a TikTok video that was filmed in the business school. Good times!

WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE BAYLOR TRADITION?

The Baylor Line is such an incredible experience that is unique to Baylor. It was so much fun watching my daughter run the line this past football season. I was never able to actually find her on the field in the sea of gold jerseys, but fortunately I did get a “Mom, I didn’t fall!” text each game.

WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE TO A NEW ENT MAJOR?

Get to know the Entrepreneurship department faculty and staff! They may be quirky and cool, but they also have a ton of experience and know-how. 

For more information on Baylor Entrepreneurship, please visit our website at baylor.edu/business/entrepreneurship/.