Tiara Adeniji

My name is Tiara Adeniji and I am from Fresno, California. I am a junior pursuing a B.S. in Health Science Studies with a minor in Biology and on the Pre-Medical track. Following my 2025 graduation from Baylor University, I plan on attending medical school in pursuit of serving the underrepresented communities in our world. Studying the biology of the body has heightened my intrigue with the biology of the mind and how interconnected they are. Dr. Ginty’s behavioral research lab provides the perfect exploration into the mind-body interrelationship and the powerful effect of psychosomatic influences on physical health. I am sure everything I learn here will be carried with me into my future career and patient care. Outside of academic pursuits, I serve as a chair Director on the Baylor Prehealth Office DEI committee (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion), I am an active member of the Global Surgery Student Alliance, Baylor Black Student Union, and African Student Association. It also gives me great delight to serve as a Biology Learning Lab Assistant. Having competed at state and national levels in track and field throughout high school, running remains my most satisfying source of invigoration and stress relief and I continue to share the health benefits of exercise with youth groups in my volunteer activities at church and my local hospital.

Greatness Adewumi

My name is Greatness Adewumi, and I am from Houston, TX. I am currently a sophomore studying Neuroscience on the Pre-medical track. After finishing my studies at Baylor University in 2026, I plan to pursue an M.D. to support alleviating human suffering by advocating for health equity. I decided to join Dr. Ginty’s lab because I was interested in learning about the impact of stress on human behavior and our psychological and physical health. Learning about these relationships will give me a better understanding of how the human body operates under stressful situations, which will be helpful in my pursuits in the medical field. Beyond the lab, I am a part of the Honors Residential College and the FaceTime with God Chapel Worship Team. I enjoy running, drawing, and volunteering in my leisure time.

Alicia Alexander

My name is Alicia Alexander, and I am from Sachse, TX. I am pursuing a B.S. in Mathematics and a minor in biochemistry. I plan on attending medical school after graduating December 2024. Dr. Ginty’s lab will allow me to learn more about how unhealthy behaviors are related to stress, as better knowledge of these factors will improve my own health and allow me to educate others. Outside of the lab, I am the Vice President for GAIN, a women’s exercise club, and Membership Chair for Minorities in Medicine, a club focused on pre-med growth for minorities. Off-campus, I work as a pharmacy technician. I also volunteer for Crisis Text Line and Accentcare Hospice and Palliative Care. My hobbies include watching K-dramas and snowboarding!

Brooke Ashcroft

My name is Brooke Ashcraft, and I am a senior from Robinson, Texas. I will graduate in August 2024 with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and minors in Political Science and Legal Reasoning and Analysis. After graduating from Baylor, I plan to attend law school and pursue a career as a clinical research attorney. Working in the BMED lab has provided me with the opportunity to engage in the research process so that I will be better equipped to serve as an attorney in the future. I want to empower researchers to pursue novel treatments and investigate relationships that may lead to medical breakthroughs that improve the lives of struggling people, particularly as it relates to psychopathologies. Outside of the lab, I am actively involved in Pi Beta Phi, a member of the Pre-Law Society, and attend Harris Creek Baptist Church, and work as a nanny to two precious kids. I love traveling, pilates, reading, being in nature, walking my dog, and spending time with my family.

Kelsey Bubier

My name is Kelsey Bubier, and I am a sophomore from Denver, Colorado. I am majoring in Health Science Studies with a minor in Business Administration on the Pre-Med track. After graduating from Baylor in May of 2025, I hope to attend medical school to pursue a career as a Pediatrician or OB/GYN. I joined Dr. Ginty’s lab because I am fascinated by the intimate connection between biological processes and psychological phenomena. By examining this relationship, I hope to develop a more nuanced understanding of the human body in preparation for an occupation in the medical field. Outside of the lab, I am involved in Kappa Alpha Theta, Alpha Epsilon Delta, and Medical Service Organization. I also enjoy working out, traveling, and volunteering around the Waco community!

Neena Chakkathara

My name is Neena Chakkathara and I am from Tracy, California. I am a freshman majoring in Health Science Studies on the pre-medical track. After graduating from Baylor in 2027, I hope to attend medical school and use my role as a physician to advocate for medical deserts like my hometown. Apart from my academics, I serve as the Social Events chair of Baylor HOSA, and I am an active member of MSO (Medical Student Organization) and ISSA (Indian-Subcontinent Student Association). I also volunteer as an afterschool tutor at Carver Middle School and as a Vacation Bible School teacher at my church. I am excited to be a part of Dr. Ginty and Dr. Young’s lab, as I am particularly drawn to their research on stress and its profound impact on physiology. As someone who tends to experience frequent stress, I find the prospect of delving into this area both personally relevant and professionally rewarding.

Pamela Cordova

My name is Pamela Córdova Rivera, and I am from Dallas, Texas. I am a University Scholars major, and I plan to attend medical school after graduating from Baylor in 2026. My passion for understanding the intricate relationship between stress and well-being led me to join Dr. Ginty’s lab. I hope to apply the insights gained from the lab in my future career, ensuring that I consider all the factors that influence a patient’s overall health. Beyond the lab’s walls, I am a member of the Crochet Club and a volunteer at BSW Hillcrest. Along with crocheting, I enjoy watching movies and baking!

Gavin Dunn

My name is Gavin Dunn, and I am a senior psychology major with a minor in sociology at Baylor University. I am from Round Rock, Texas, and I have had an interest in psychology since high school. Following graduation in the spring of 2024, I plan on attending graduate school to pursue a degree in counseling psychology. Preferably, I would like to specialize in sports psychology due to my interest in sports. This leads to my interest in Dr. Ginty’s lab because assessing the effects of stress on the body will be highly useful for my future. Outside of the lab, I volunteer at The Cove and hold an executive board position in a fraternity on campus. In my free time, I golf any time I can!

Diya D’Souza

My name is Diya D’Souza and I am from Austin, Texas. I am pursuing a B.S. in public health with honors on the Pre-Med track. I will graduate from Baylor in May of 2024 and I plan on attending medical school. Outside of the lab, I am involved in the ISSA, the Penland Activities Council, Alpha Chi Omega, as well as tutoring for Mathnasium. I am excited to be a part of this lab and am interested in how stress can affect health.

Kaitlyn Eshbaugh

My name is Kaitlyn Eshbaugh, and I am a senior Biology major with a concentration in Cell and Molecular Biology. I am genuinely passionate about pursuing a career as a neuroscience researcher, particularly dedicated to identifying, improving, and disseminating treatments for neuropsychiatric disorders. My interest lies in understanding how neuroarchitecture, functionality, neurohormones, and neuroprotein production interact within a cultural context, specifically within the realm of epigenetics, leading to the development of typical and atypical brains. Through my studies, I aim to contribute to the advancement of precision medicine and to help bridge healthcare disparities, particularly amongst minority populations, by gaining a better understanding of the underlying causes of neuropsychiatric disorders.
The Baylor Behavioral Medicine Lab has been a significant source of inspiration for me in my journey towards research. It has enlightened me on the profound impact that the environment, stressors, and mental health can have on the overall well-being of individuals. The concept that life experiences and cultural backgrounds can influence physiological processes truly intrigued me, inspiring me to explore further the connection between culture and the development and mechanisms of neuropsychiatric disorders. The groundbreaking work conducted by the BMED lab investigating how these factors influence and mediate the cardiovascular system has motivated me to extend this line of inquiry to explore how these factors impact the progression and onset of neuropsychiatric disorders, such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.

Myia Fox

My name is Myia Fox, and I am from Dallas, Texas. I am pursuing a Bachelor’s of Science in Psychology, with a minor in Women and Gender Studies, on the Pre- Physician Assistant Track. After my graduation in 2024, I plan on attending physician assistant school. Dr. Ginty’s Lab is an amazing opportunity to investigate the effects of stress on the mind and body. It encourages me to seek out ways to manage my stress and to share these things with those around me. When I am not in the lab, you can find me dancing or searching through Pinterest for new ways to decorate my space! Outside of the lab, I am involved in Greek life, work as a psychiatric patient care technician, and volunteer with an organization called Portraits.

Celia Grant

My name is Celia Grant, and I’m from Westlake Village, California! I am currently working towards a B.S in neuroscience and am on the pre-med track. After I graduate in 2025, I plan on attending medical school. I joined the BMED lab as I am fascinated by the impact that stress, especially when experienced at a young age, can have on one’s physiological and mental health. Outside of the lab, I work as a medical scribe, am part of the honors college, and am a member of Alpha Chi Omega. In my free time, I love to read, bake, and hang out with friends!

Jackson Hall

My name is Jackson Hall and I am from Las Vegas, Nevada. I am a Senior majoring in Biology, and I am a part of the BIC and Honors Program on the pre-med track. After graduating, I plan to attend medical school and become an emergency medicine physician! I became especially interested in Dr. Ginty’s lab as I am fascinated by the long-term effects of stress such as chronic disease or neurological disorders and wanted to study them myself. Outside of the lab, I am part of the Hillis Scholar Program, the Habitat for Humanity Chapter at Baylor, and tutor at Indian Springs Middle School. Some of my favorite stress relievers include watching movies, rock climbing, and basketball.

Angelina Hartley

Hi, my name is Angelina Hartley and I am a senior from Minneapolis, Minnesota. I am a neuroscience major on the pre-medicine track. After taking a gap year, my goal is to attend medical school. Dr. Ginty’s research interests me because I am curious to understand how stress in young people can have an effect on their cardiovascular health later in life. Outside of the lab, I am a tutor for the Baylor athletic center, a Baylor pre-health mentor, and a member of the Honors college. Some of my hobbies are reading, hiking, and swimming.

Medhini Kapa

I’m Medhini Kapa from Washington State, but now Waco, TX (my parents moved with me). I am a Neuroscience major minoring in Biochemistry on the pre-med track, also a part of the Honors Program. I will be graduating from Baylor in 2025 and hope to attend medical school. I joined the BMED lab as it persecutes the impact of stress on our physical and mental health, and this was a topic of interest to me as stress impacts nearly every human being at some point in their lives. Apart from lab, I am the secretary of BURST, a volunteer at many of Waco’s marathons, and an avid badminton player!

Taylor Kent

Hi everyone! My name is Taylor Kent and I’m from Golden, Colorado. I’m currently a sophomore Baylor Business Fellow and Biology major on the pre-med track. After graduating I plan on attending medical school and getting my MBA. I hope to work in neurosurgery or trauma surgery. I joined the Behavioral Medicine Lab because I was interested in how stress and anxiety affect the human body. The lab also gave me the opportunity to have a more hands on experience with neuroscience and psychology. Besides the lab I am also involved in Alpha Chi Omega, and worked as a medical assistant. I also love to cook and be outdoors.

Mya Klingenberg

My name is Mya Klingenberg, and I am from Chicago, Illinois. I am a sophomore neuroscience student with a minor in environmental studies. I plan to go on to graduate school to pursue a Ph.D. after my time at Baylor. While working in the Behavioral Medicine Lab, I am also a part of Nu Rho Psi, Tri Delta, Medical Service Organization, and Baylor Wake. I joined Dr. Ginty’s lab because I am interested in studying the effects of stress on people’s health and carrying that knowledge into the global health field. 

Kirsten Levine

My name is Kirsten Levine and I am from Houston, Texas. I am a junior neuroscience major with aspirations to become an occupational therapist in a neuro-rehabilitation clinic. I am passionate about loving people well, advocating for mental health, and ultimately using my experiences and knowledge to bless others. I am excited to dive into the world of research through the Behavioral Medicine lab! When I am not in the science building taking class or participating in research, you can find me at the local lake catching a sunset, hanging out a coffee shop with a friend (my Waco favorite is Be Kind Coffee!), working as a shift lead at the Smoothie King across from campus, attending Harris Creek Baptist Church, or spending late study nights on the first floor of Jones!

Janine Malseed

My name is Janine Malseed and I am currently a sophomore, class of 2025. I am majoring in neuroscience and am looking towards a PhD after graduation. I grew up around Philadelphia, PA, however I was born in Nanchang, China! I am interested in Dr. Ginty’s lab because stress is becoming increasingly pervasive in everyday life, so this is the type of research that can help everyone. Outside of lab, I am involved in the Neuroscience Student Association here at Baylor and am also a competitive equestrian.

Gaby Manner

My name is Gaby Manner and I am a junior neuroscience major with a minor in Spanish. I am originally from Indianapolis, Indiana. My passion for neuroscience started in high school after attending a seminar about it. I became intrigued by everything brain related in the biomedical program I was a part of and realized that is what I want to study. I plan on attending graduate school and obtaining a PhD. I am eager to be part of Dr. Ginty’s research laboratory because I find the connections between psychological experiences, like stress, and their relation to health fascinating. I am excited to be a part of research that aligns with my interests and passions. Aside from school I work part time at the student life center on campus, and I enjoy working out, reading, and playing with my dog.

Abbie Mathew

Hello, my name is Abbie Mathew, and I am from Cypress Texas. I am a current first-year University Scholars major with concentrations in Biology, Biochemistry, and Psychology. I plan on continuing down the pre-med track and hope to one day, become a doctor and start my own clinic tailored to low-income families. I joined Dr. Ginty’s lab because I have a passion for research and know that behavioral medicine is a field bursting with opportunities for new discoveries. I hope that through my research, I will help advance new solutions that address the issues of stress and its effects on the human body. I look forward to being a part of the BMED lab and am excited to explore all the possibilities. Lab talks aside, when I’m not tucked away in the BSB, you can find me outside with my friends, curled up with a good book, or simply in my room watching a movie.

Zaahra Mehdi

My name is Zaahra Mehdi and I’m from Las Vegas, Nevada! I’m a freshman pursuing a B.S. in Biology with a minor in Medical Humanities on the pre-medical track. My goal after graduation is to attend medical school and become a physician, although I’m still deciding on which specialty. I joined the Behavioral Medicine Lab due to my interest in the physiological responses we have to stress and the contribution this research can provide on persistent stress on our bodies and minds. Outside of the lab, I volunteer with Gentiva Hospice Care and Shepard’s Heart, take part in BURST, and play tennis!

Joydeb Nath

Hi, my name is Joydeb Nath, I am a freshman majoring in biology on the pre-med track and I am from Arlington, TX. After graduating I plan on going to medical school to pursue my dreams of becoming a cardiologist. The start of my passion for medicine started very young as I always showed compassion to the ones in need and it coincides with this lab because it deals with “cardiovascular responses to stress as well as their relationship with unhealthy behaviors and future disease”. This quote from the lab description shows parallels to my goals in my future career as I also want to help find cures for heart disease as unfortunately, I lost many family members to it. Therefore, my dedication to this lab will further enhance my professional career in the future and help me strive for my long-term goals.

Bella O’Guinn

My name is Bella O’Guinn, and I am from Kenai, Alaska! I am a Junior Neuroscience major with a Civic Interfaith minor and also in the Baylor Interdisciplinary Core. After graduation, I plan to pursue an MD/Ph.D. with the ultimate goal of being a pediatric oncologist and being able to continue to study neuroscience with the intention of being able to intergrade the two. I joined the BMED lab because I am fascinated by the effects of chronic stress (such as trauma or chronic illness) on long-term health outcomes, which is a subject I am interested in doing my Ph.D. in. Outside of science, I am a member of Kappa Alpha Theta, a Tour Guide on campus, and a member of Baylor’s Country Dance Club. In my free time, you can find me crocheting, stress baking, cooking, country dancing, or reading in Cameron Park!

Maya Rao

My name is Maya Rao, and I am from Katy, Texas. I’m currently pursuing a B.S. in Neuroscience at Baylor and plan to graduate in 2025. Dr. Ginty’s Behavioral Medicine Lab explores crucial topics relating to stress and cardiovascular reactivity that interest me greatly as a neuroscience student. I hope working in the lab will allow me to have an informed perspective on stress and human health as I continue my academic career. Outside the lab, I am involved in MEDS at Baylor and I like reading or listening to music in my free time!

Saanvi Sachdeva

My name is Saanvi Sachdeva, and I am a sophomore from Dallas, Texas. I am a Neuroscience major on the Pre-Med track. I hope to attend medical school after graduating from Baylor University in May of 2026 and eventually become a psychiatrist! I joined the Behavioral Medicine Lab because I am very interested in studying the long-term effects of stressors on mental and physical health, which also ties into my future aspirations in the medical field. Outside of the lab, I also enjoy volunteering at football games and other events as part of the First Aid Service Team. In my free time, I love to read, sing, and spend time with my friends and family!

Jerome Silva

My name is Jerome Silva and I’m from Grand Island, Nebraska. I’m a sophomore majoring in Neuroscience with a minor in Biology on the Pre-Med track. After graduation, I plan on attending medical school to become a physician. I enjoy learning about how stress effects our health and its relations to certain behaviors and I hope to dive deeper into these topics in Dr. Ginty’s lab. Outside of the lab, I love working out, hanging with friends, and playing sports.

Alice Sun

My name is Alice Sun, and I am from Denver, Colorado. I am a freshman majoring in neuroscience. I am also on the pre-medicine track in the Honors College, and I hope to specialize in pediatrics while doing research in the future! I’m really interested in studying the effects of childhood trauma on adult and adolescent health, and I joined the Behavioral Medicine Lab to learn about the physiological impacts of stress.  In Baylor, I am a part of BURST and I volunteer in Faith Community Healing and at Ascension Providence. During my free time, I like to read a lot, ski, and play badminton!

Josh Sun

My name is Josh Sun, and I am from Raleigh, North Carolina. I am a Business Fellows Major on the Pre-med track. I joined Dr. Ginty’s lab because I am interested in the effects of stress and its impact on long-term health. My other interests include playing tennis, golf, and hanging out with friends.

Lauren Tanghongs

My name is Lauren Tanghongs, I am a senior psychology major and business administration minor from Plano, Texas. I am very interested in Dr. Ginty’s research of how physiological and psychological stress impacts our health. In this lab, long-term effects of mental and physical health from stress align with my interests in treating eating disorder populations. I plan to attend graduate school to pursue a degree in clinical psychology. In my free time I enjoy reading at cafes and going to the farmer’s market!

Jaslyn Van Lenten

My name is Jaslyn Van Lenten and I’m from Santa Barbara, California! I am a sophomore majoring in psychology with a double minor in business administration, as well as child and family studies. After graduation, I hope to attend graduate school and pursue a career in child clinical psychology. I joined Dr. Ginty’s lab because stress is a prevalent commonality, especially among college students, and I’m hoping to gain a better understanding of the physiological impacts that stress induces. Outside of the lab, I’m a member of Alpha Chi Omega and volunteer with the Talitha Koum Institute.

Chloe Walsh

My name is Chloe Walsh, and I am from Mooresville, Indiana. I am pursuing a B.S. in Chemistry and a minor in Spanish with plans to attend graduate school in 2025. I joined Dr. Ginty’s lab because of my interest in the brain-body axis as a fascinating area of research and to gain experience working in an academic lab before pursuing graduate school. Outside of the lab, I am a Community Leader at Penland Residence Hall on Baylor’s campus, and I enjoy running, rock climbing, and listening to podcasts!

Rebecca Wang

My name is Rebecca, and I’m from Nashville, Tennessee. I’m working towards a B.S. in Neuroscience on the pre-med path. The Behavioral Medicine Lab aligns closely with my personal interests in mental health/past experiences and their connection to our physiological responses, as well as my goal of contributing towards the development of new treatment options for neurophysiological disorders in the future. Beyond the lab, I am also dedicated to making a positive impact on my community through volunteering with the Salvation Army and the Saint Thomas Ascension Hospital, as well as their neighboring clinic. Some of my hobbies include hiking, playing musical instruments, and reading mystery novels!

Connor Willis

My name is Connor Willis, I’m a junior neuroscience major and business administration minor from Austin, Texas. After graduation in Spring 2025, I plan to go to graduate school and study neuroscience further; I’m particularly interested in research and development of novel treatments to combat psychiatric illnesses such as depression, anxiety, PTSD, and addiction. I’m really excited to be working at Dr. Ginty’s lab because it gives me a chance to better understand how stress is related to negative mental and physical health outcomes. On campus, I’m involved in the Alpha Lambda Delta and Nu Rho Psi Honor Societies. Off campus, I enjoy working out, watching movies, playing basketball, and slapping my bass guitar. 

Faith Yeung

My name is Faith Yeung, and I am from Katy, Texas! I am a junior Biochemistry major with a Business Administration minor on the Pre-Medical track. After graduating, I hope to attend medical school. I joined Dr. Ginty’s lab because of my interest in understanding the connection between the psychological and physiological aspects of a person. I am excited to discover how stress can affect behavior and disease. Outside of the lab, I am a part of the Animal Rescue Club, Chemistry Honor Society, and Multicultural Association of Prehealth Students.