Greatness Adewumi

My name is Greatness Adewumi, and I am from Houston, TX. I am pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Neuroscience. After finishing my studies at Baylor University in 2026, I plan to pursue an M.D. to support alleviating human suffering by advocating for health equity. With an interest in the impact of stress on human behavior and our psychological and physical health, I felt intrigued to become a part of Dr. Ginty’s lab. Learning about these relationships has allowed me to understand how the human body operates under stressful situations, supporting my future aspirations. Beyond the lab, I am on the FaceTime with God Fellowship Worship Team, the Honors Residential College Service Committee, and a Social/Service Chair for the Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society. I am also an avid runner who is passionate about art.

Alicia Alexander

My name is Alicia Alexander, and I am from Sachse, TX. I am pursuing a B.S. in Mathematics and a minor in biochemistry. I plan on attending medical school after graduating December 2024. Dr. Ginty’s lab will allow me to learn more about how unhealthy behaviors are related to stress, as better knowledge of these factors will improve my own health and allow me to educate others. Outside of the lab, I am the Vice President for GAIN, a women’s exercise club, and Membership Chair for Minorities in Medicine, a club focused on pre-med growth for minorities. Off-campus, I work as a pharmacy technician. I also volunteer for Crisis Text Line and Accentcare Hospice and Palliative Care. My hobbies include watching K-dramas and snowboarding!

Kelsey Bubier

My name is Kelsey Bubier, and I am a sophomore from Denver, Colorado. I am majoring in Health Science Studies with a minor in Business Administration on the Pre-Med track. After graduating from Baylor in May of 2025, I hope to attend medical school to pursue a career as a Pediatrician or OB/GYN. I joined Dr. Ginty’s lab because I am fascinated by the intimate connection between biological processes and psychological phenomena. By examining this relationship, I hope to develop a more nuanced understanding of the human body in preparation for an occupation in the medical field. Outside of the lab, I am involved in Kappa Alpha Theta, Alpha Epsilon Delta, and Medical Service Organization. I also enjoy working out, traveling, and volunteering around the Waco community!

Pamela Cordova

My name is Pamela Córdova Rivera, and I am from Dallas, Texas. I am a University Scholars major, and I plan to attend medical school after graduating from Baylor in 2026. My passion for understanding the intricate relationship between stress and well-being led me to join Dr. Ginty’s lab. I hope to apply the insights gained from the lab in my future career, ensuring that I consider all the factors that influence a patient’s overall health. Beyond the lab’s walls, I am a member of the Crochet Club and a volunteer at BSW Hillcrest. Along with crocheting, I enjoy watching movies and baking!

Adam Crone

My name is Adam Crone, and I am from Eagle Pass, TX. I am a junior University Scholars major minoring in Medical Humanities and Business Administration on the pre-med track. I joined the Behavioral Medicine lab to explore intersections between psychological stress, chronic disease, and cognitive function. After graduating from Baylor in 2026, I plan to attend medical school. Outside of the lab, I am a member of Alpha Epsilon Delta, a Pre-health Peer Mentor, a Hillis Scholar, and a volunteer at Ascencion Providence. In my spare time, I enjoy participating in triathlons, hiking, and watching movies!

Simran Dhodi

My name is Simran Dhodi and I am from Houston, TX. I’m pursuing a B.S. in Neuroscience and am on the pre-med track, and hope to one day become an OB/GYN or a neurologist and place a strong emphasis on patient advocacy; making sure patients feel safe and heard while in my care is something incredibly important to me and a goal that I hope to achieve after establishing my career. Outside the classroom, I am involved with the Multicultural Association of Pre-Health Students, for which I will be the Academic Chair for the upcoming 2024-2025 school year. I am particularly interested in Dr. Ginty’s research due to her work investigating the link between stress and cardiovascular health, and I hope to use what I learn in the lab in my future career to help patients in every way I can.

Emily Ewbank

My name is Emily Ewbank, and I am from Washington, Pennsylvania. I am a University Scholars Major concentrating in Neuroscience, with a Secondary Major in Biology, and minors in Medical Humanities and Biochemistry. I plan on attending medical school after graduating in 2026. I joined the Behavioral Medicine lab to better understand the relationship between stress and its long-term physiological effects. Outside of my studies I play violin and enjoy swimming, reading, and getting coffee with friends!

Alyssa Farbaky

My name is Alyssa Farbaky from Barrington, Illinois. I am majoring in Medical Humanities with a minor in Biochemistry. I plan on attending medical school after completing my degree at Baylor in 2027. I joined the Behavioral Medicine Lab, because I enjoy conducting research and learning more about how stress can influence health and well-being. Outside of school I work as a CNA, volunteer with hospice patients and am involved in bonnets for babies and the global health student network. I also enjoy gardening, baking, art, and spending time with friends, family, and animals!

Celia Grant

My name is Celia Grant, and I’m from Westlake Village, California! I am currently working towards a B.S in neuroscience and am on the pre-med track. After I graduate in 2025, I plan on attending medical school. I joined the BMED lab as I am fascinated by the impact that stress, especially when experienced at a young age, can have on one’s physiological and mental health. Outside of the lab, I work as a medical scribe, am part of the honors college, and am a member of Alpha Chi Omega. In my free time, I love to read, bake, and hang out with friends!

Medhini Kapa

I’m Medhini Kapa from Washington State, but now Waco, TX (my parents moved with me). I am a Neuroscience major minoring in Biochemistry on the pre-med track, also a part of the Honors Program. I will be graduating from Baylor in 2025 and hope to attend medical school. I joined the BMED lab as it persecutes the impact of stress on our physical and mental health, and this was a topic of interest to me as stress impacts nearly every human being at some point in their lives. Apart from lab, I am the secretary of BURST, a volunteer at many of Waco’s marathons, and an avid badminton player!

Taylor Kent

Hi everyone! My name is Taylor Kent and I’m from Golden, Colorado. I’m currently a sophomore Baylor Business Fellow and Biology major on the pre-med track. After graduating I plan on attending medical school and getting my MBA. I hope to work in neurosurgery or trauma surgery. I joined the Behavioral Medicine Lab because I was interested in how stress and anxiety affect the human body. The lab also gave me the opportunity to have a more hands on experience with neuroscience and psychology. Besides the lab I am also involved in Alpha Chi Omega, and worked as a medical assistant. I also love to cook and be outdoors.

Mya Klingenberg

My name is Mya Klingenberg, and I am from Chicago, Illinois. I am a sophomore neuroscience student with a minor in environmental studies. I plan to go on to graduate school to pursue a Ph.D. after my time at Baylor. While working in the Behavioral Medicine Lab, I am also a part of Nu Rho Psi, Tri Delta, Medical Service Organization, and Baylor Wake. I joined Dr. Ginty’s lab because I am interested in studying the effects of stress on people’s health and carrying that knowledge into the global health field. 

Françoise Lechner

My name is Françoise Lechner. I am from Chicago, Illinois and a freshman majoring in Neuroscience with a minor in Economics on the pre-medical track. After graduating from Baylor University in May 2027, I plan to gain more research experience and attend medical school to become a Doctor of Medicine. I aspire to help children with adverse childhood experiences overcome their academic, social, and health-related challenges to promote their well-being as individuals and safeguard the family unit. My interest in the impacts of stress on the individual led me to the BMED lab and extends beyond the lab as I am eager to volunteer with the Talitha Koum Institute at the beginning of the 2024 fall semester. Outside of academics, I love to serve the catholic community at St. Peter’s Catholic Student Center and participate in activities hosted by the American Medical Women’s Association. I am an avid runner working towards personal bests in the half-marathon and striving to encourage others to pursue their goals despite previous shortcomings.

Kirsten Levine

My name is Kirsten Levine and I am from Houston, Texas. I am a junior neuroscience major with aspirations to become an occupational therapist in a neuro-rehabilitation clinic. I am passionate about loving people well, advocating for mental health, and ultimately using my experiences and knowledge to bless others. I am excited to dive into the world of research through the Behavioral Medicine lab! When I am not in the science building taking class or participating in research, you can find me at the local lake catching a sunset, hanging out a coffee shop with a friend (my Waco favorite is Be Kind Coffee!), working as a shift lead at the Smoothie King across from campus, attending Harris Creek Baptist Church, or spending late study nights on the first floor of Jones!

Janine Malseed

My name is Janine Malseed and I am currently a sophomore, class of 2025. I am majoring in neuroscience and am looking towards a PhD after graduation. I grew up around Philadelphia, PA, however I was born in Nanchang, China! I am interested in Dr. Ginty’s lab because stress is becoming increasingly pervasive in everyday life, so this is the type of research that can help everyone. Outside of lab, I am involved in the Neuroscience Student Association here at Baylor and am also a competitive equestrian.

Abbie Mathew

Hello, my name is Abbie Mathew, and I am from Cypress Texas. I am a current first-year University Scholars major with concentrations in Biology, Biochemistry, and Psychology. I plan on continuing down the pre-med track and hope to one day, become a doctor and start my own clinic tailored to low-income families. I joined Dr. Ginty’s lab because I have a passion for research and know that behavioral medicine is a field bursting with opportunities for new discoveries. I hope that through my research, I will help advance new solutions that address the issues of stress and its effects on the human body. I look forward to being a part of the BMED lab and am excited to explore all the possibilities. Lab talks aside, when I’m not tucked away in the BSB, you can find me outside with my friends, curled up with a good book, or simply in my room watching a movie.

Zaahra Mehdi

My name is Zaahra Mehdi and I’m from Las Vegas, Nevada! I’m a freshman pursuing a B.S. in Biology with a minor in Medical Humanities on the pre-medical track. My goal after graduation is to attend medical school and become a physician, although I’m still deciding on which specialty. I joined the Behavioral Medicine Lab due to my interest in the physiological responses we have to stress and the contribution this research can provide on persistent stress on our bodies and minds. Outside of the lab, I volunteer with Gentiva Hospice Care and Shepard’s Heart, take part in BURST, and play tennis!

Joshua Mohunthan

My name is Joshua Mohunthan, and I’m from Austin, Texas. I am currently pursuing a B.S in neuroscience and hope to pursue research in the future. After I graduate in spring 2025 I plan to pursue a Post-baccalaureate Program and then apply for a master program. I joined the BMED lab because of my interest in cognition and behavioralism and because I thought approaching stress from a behavioralist perspective is so interesting. Apart from the lab I am the multimedia director at TROPE and I love making and producing music.

Leoncia Mongu

My name is Leoncia Mongu. I am a freshman and I am from Edmond, Oklahoma! I am majoring in Neuroscience with a Biochemistry minor on the pre-med track! I plan to attend medical school after I graduate with hopes of being a pediatric neurologist. I was very interested in the BMED lab because learning about the how stress effects our bodies long-term and short-term was fascinating to me. Outside of the lab, I am involved in Medical Service Organization, a community leader at Hallie-Earle residence hall, attend Antioch Church Waco, play intramural soccer with friends and love spending time with my friends.

Joydeb Nath

Hi, my name is Joydeb Nath, I am a freshman majoring in biology on the pre-med track and I am from Arlington, TX. After graduating I plan on going to medical school to pursue my dreams of becoming a cardiologist. The start of my passion for medicine started very young as I always showed compassion to the ones in need and it coincides with this lab because it deals with “cardiovascular responses to stress as well as their relationship with unhealthy behaviors and future disease”. This quote from the lab description shows parallels to my goals in my future career as I also want to help find cures for heart disease as unfortunately, I lost many family members to it. Therefore, my dedication to this lab will further enhance my professional career in the future and help me strive for my long-term goals.

Bella O’Guinn

My name is Bella O’Guinn, and I am from Kenai, Alaska! I am a Junior Neuroscience major with a Civic Interfaith minor and also in the Baylor Interdisciplinary Core. After graduation, I plan to pursue an MD/Ph.D. with the ultimate goal of being a pediatric oncologist and being able to continue to study neuroscience with the intention of being able to intergrade the two. I joined the BMED lab because I am fascinated by the effects of chronic stress (such as trauma or chronic illness) on long-term health outcomes, which is a subject I am interested in doing my Ph.D. in. Outside of science, I am a member of Kappa Alpha Theta, a Tour Guide on campus, and a member of Baylor’s Country Dance Club. In my free time, you can find me crocheting, stress baking, cooking, country dancing, or reading in Cameron Park!

Maya Rao

My name is Maya Rao, and I am from Katy, Texas. I’m currently pursuing a B.S. in Neuroscience at Baylor and plan to graduate in 2025. Dr. Ginty’s Behavioral Medicine Lab explores crucial topics relating to stress and cardiovascular reactivity that interest me greatly as a neuroscience student. I hope working in the lab will allow me to have an informed perspective on stress and human health as I continue my academic career. Outside the lab, I am involved in MEDS at Baylor and I like reading or listening to music in my free time!

Saanvi Sachdeva

My name is Saanvi Sachdeva, and I am a sophomore from Dallas, Texas. I am a Neuroscience major on the Pre-Med track. I hope to attend medical school after graduating from Baylor University in May of 2026 and eventually become a psychiatrist! I joined the Behavioral Medicine Lab because I am very interested in studying the long-term effects of stressors on mental and physical health, which also ties into my future aspirations in the medical field. Outside of the lab, I also enjoy volunteering at football games and other events as part of the First Aid Service Team. In my free time, I love to read, sing, and spend time with my friends and family!

Jerome Silva

My name is Jerome Silva and I’m from Grand Island, Nebraska. I’m a sophomore majoring in Neuroscience with a minor in Biology on the Pre-Med track. After graduation, I plan on attending medical school to become a physician. I enjoy learning about how stress effects our health and its relations to certain behaviors and I hope to dive deeper into these topics in Dr. Ginty’s lab. Outside of the lab, I love working out, hanging with friends, and playing sports.

Alice Sun

My name is Alice Sun, and I am from Denver, Colorado. I am a freshman majoring in neuroscience. I am also on the pre-medicine track in the Honors College, and I hope to specialize in pediatrics while doing research in the future! I’m really interested in studying the effects of childhood trauma on adult and adolescent health, and I joined the Behavioral Medicine Lab to learn about the physiological impacts of stress.  In Baylor, I am a part of BURST and I volunteer in Faith Community Healing and at Ascension Providence. During my free time, I like to read a lot, ski, and play badminton!

Josh Sun

My name is Josh Sun, and I am from Raleigh, North Carolina. I am a Business Fellows Major on the Pre-med track. I joined Dr. Ginty’s lab because I am interested in the effects of stress and its impact on long-term health. My other interests include playing tennis, golf, and hanging out with friends.

Jaslyn Van Lenten

My name is Jaslyn Van Lenten and I’m from Santa Barbara, California! I am a sophomore majoring in psychology with a double minor in business administration, as well as child and family studies. After graduation, I hope to attend graduate school and pursue a career in child clinical psychology. I joined Dr. Ginty’s lab because stress is a prevalent commonality, especially among college students, and I’m hoping to gain a better understanding of the physiological impacts that stress induces. Outside of the lab, I’m a member of Alpha Chi Omega and volunteer with the Talitha Koum Institute.

Chloe Walsh

My name is Chloe Walsh, and I am from Mooresville, Indiana. I am pursuing a B.S. in Chemistry and a minor in Spanish with plans to attend graduate school in 2025. I joined Dr. Ginty’s lab because of my interest in the brain-body axis as a fascinating area of research and to gain experience working in an academic lab before pursuing graduate school. Outside of the lab, I am a Community Leader at Penland Residence Hall on Baylor’s campus, and I enjoy running, rock climbing, and listening to podcasts!

Rebecca Wang

My name is Rebecca, and I’m from Nashville, Tennessee. I’m working towards a B.S. in Neuroscience on the pre-med path. The Behavioral Medicine Lab aligns closely with my personal interests in mental health/past experiences and their connection to our physiological responses, as well as my goal of contributing towards the development of new treatment options for neurophysiological disorders in the future. Beyond the lab, I am also dedicated to making a positive impact on my community through volunteering with the Salvation Army and the Saint Thomas Ascension Hospital, as well as their neighboring clinic. Some of my hobbies include hiking, playing musical instruments, and reading mystery novels!

Thomas Whitney

My name is Thomas Whitney and I am a senior biology major with a minor in biochemistry. I am originally from San Diego, California. After graduation in the fall of 2024, I hope to attend medical school to become a neurologist. I joined Dr. Ginty’s lab because I love learning about the physiology of people, and how the human body functions. Outside of my career aspirations, I love to backpack, play the piano, and spend my time in nature.

Connor Willis

My name is Connor Willis, I’m a junior neuroscience major and business administration minor from Austin, Texas. After graduation in Spring 2025, I plan to go to graduate school and study neuroscience further; I’m particularly interested in research and development of novel treatments to combat psychiatric illnesses such as depression, anxiety, PTSD, and addiction. I’m really excited to be working at Dr. Ginty’s lab because it gives me a chance to better understand how stress is related to negative mental and physical health outcomes. On campus, I’m involved in the Alpha Lambda Delta and Nu Rho Psi Honor Societies. Off campus, I enjoy working out, watching movies, playing basketball, and slapping my bass guitar.