Sanjana Ade

My name is Sanjana Ade and I’m from Chicago, Illinois! I am pursuing a B.S. in Neuroscience with a double minor in Spanish and Economics on the pre-med track. I will be graduating from Baylor in 2023 and plan on attending medical school afterwards. Dr. Ginty’s area of research interests me because it investigates the physiological impact of psychological stress on cardiovascular health. Understanding the impact of stress is important because research can contribute to proper prevention and treatment of diseases. Outside of this lab, I am a part of BURST; AMWA; Baylor High School Project; and an executive board member for Scientia, Baylor’s undergraduate scientific journal. I also enjoy travelling, trying new food, and binge-watching TV shows!

Teniade (Teni) Adetona

Hello! My name is Teniade (Teni) Adetona, and I am a senior Neuroscience major on the Pre-Med track within the Honor’s Program. I became enthralled by Dr. Ginty’s work due to its growing prevalence in the realm of perceived stress and its relationship with human physiology and epidemiology. Upon graduating, I hope to pursue a dual M.D/Ph.D. degree and participate in and possibly create my own clinical research. Outside of the lab, I am a member of Baylor’s Medical Service Organization (MSO) and Eta Sigma Phi (the Classics Honor Society). I also enjoy reading, rock climbing, and playing Dungeons and Dragons (D&D) in my free time.

Brianna Bates

My name is Brianna Bates, and I am a junior majoring in Neuroscience with a minor in Business Administration. I am intrigued by Dr. Ginty’s work because stress can be studied in so many ways across many different populations. I hope to go into research after I graduate and pursue a PhD and/or an MBA. Outside of the lab, I am a member of the Ampersand Society, a volunteer with Mission Waco, a member of MSO, and the Administration Officer of the Baylor Sailing Team.

Kaylena Berles

My name is Kaylena Berles, and I am from Phoenix, Arizona! I am a junior University Scholars major studying neuroscience and medical humanities. After graduation, I hope to attend medical school and pursue a career as a physician. Dr. Ginty’s lab appealed to me because I am interested in the connections between psychology and physiology, and I have a desire to better understand how stress impacts our mental and physical wellbeing. Outside of the lab, I am a member of Ampersand Honor Society and Kappa Alpha Theta, I volunteer at Waco Family Medicine, and I work at Providence hospital.

Rachel Brody

My name is Rachel Brody and I am from Castle Rock, Colorado. As a sophomore on the pre-med track, I’m pursuing a University Scholars degree with concentrations in Neuroscience, Medical Humanities, and Spanish. After I graduate from Baylor in 2024, I plan to attend medical school. Outside of the lab, I am a member of Baylor’s Equestrian team, as well as a member of Baylor Undergraduate Research in Science and Technology (BURST). I am very excited to be a part of the lab and to help contribute to Dr. Ginty’s fascinating work.

Alea Brummel

My name is Alea Brummel and I am from Long Island, New York! I am a sophomore University Scholars Major with planned concentrations in Chemistry and Mathematics on a Pre-Med track. I am very interested in the connection between stress and cardiovascular health and am very excited to be joining Dr. Ginty’s Lab. Outside of the lab I am a member of Alpha Epsilon Delta, I am a CL in Brooks Flats, the Secretary for AMWA, a member of Alpha Chi Omega, and a huge fan of going to Baylor Sporting Events.

Taylor Burbank

My name is Taylor Burbank, and I am from Salinas, California. I am a senior University Scholars major with concentrations in religion and medical humanities. After graduation, I hope to attend medical school. My biggest interests in medicine are pediatrics, surgery, and orthopedics. Outside of the laboratory, I am involved in Women’s Club Soccer, Crane Scholars, Baylor Medical Student Association (BMSA), and volunteering at Highland Baptist Church. I find Dr. Ginty’s work fascinating, and I am thrilled to be part of the team.

Tiera Cleveland

My name is Tiera Cleveland, and I am a Senior psychology major from Jacksonville, Florida. Outside of the lab, I serve as a Student Ambassador for the Psychology and Neuroscience Department. After graduation, I intend to pursue a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology with research interests in multiculturalism. I am excited to be a part of Dr. Ginty’s lab and hope to learn about how stress affects behavior.

Diya D’Souza

My name is Diya D’Souza and I am from Austin, Texas. I am pursuing a B.S. in public health with honors on the Pre-Med track. I will graduate from Baylor in May of 2024 and I plan on attending medical school. Outside of the lab, I am involved in the ISSA, the Penland Activities Council, Alpha Chi Omega, as well as tutoring for Mathnasium. I am excited to be a part of this lab and am interested in how stress can affect health.

Lauren Ehrlich

My name is Lauren Ehrlich and I am from Minneapolis, Minnesota. I am a sophomore Health Science Studies major on the Pre-Med Track. After graduation, my goal is to attend medical school and specialize as an interventional cardiologist. My previous research experience involved studying correlations between several genetic markers and the presence/severity of pulmonary hypertension. Outside of the lab, I am involved in Kappa Alpha Theta, Baylor Medical Student Association, and the Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society.

Mary Ann Elhawi

My name is Mary Ann Elhawi and I am from the Woodlands, Texas!  I am a Junior Biology major with a business minor on the Pre-Med track. I specifically find Dr.Ginty’s work fascinating as her research has a strong emphasis on how our body psychologically and biologically responds to stress and how that has a correlation with several unhealthy behaviors. Moreover, the research lab is interdisciplinary which makes her projects a broad scope of several subjects all in one project. Outside the lab, I run my MEDLIFE chapter here at Baylor University. During my free time, I like lifting, learning new languages, and going out with my friends.

Kaitlyn Eshbaugh

My name is Kaitlyn Eshbaugh, and I am a sophomore and neuroscience major at Baylor University. I am originally from Dallas Texas. I have chosen neuroscience because the fact that thoughts, emotions, and original ideas all stem from chemistry and biology absolutely fascinate me. I am currently a tutor at the Baylor Tutor Center and a member of BSM. I am excited to be a part of a research lab that lines up with my interests and be surrounded by equally excited people. My hope for my participation would be the clarity of pursuing a Ph.D. or go towards a more clinical route.

Julianna Forbess

My name is Julianna Forbess and I am from Nashville, Tennessee. I am a Sophomore Neuroscience major, and I am in the BIC program at Baylor. On my down time, I like to volunteer at the Waco Animal Shelter. I joined Dr. Ginty’s lab because I am interested in how the brain is effected by small environmental stimuli and people’s actions because of that interaction. After I graduate, I plan on attending graduate school to get my PhD.

Elkan Gbadebo

My name is Elkan Gbadebo, and I am a Sophomore neuroscience major from Katy, Texas. I joined Dr. Ginty’s lab because I find her research to be interesting and that the physiological results and its long terms effects is a topic the tends to be overlooked. Outside of the lab, I am a TA and I am also involved with Alpha Epsilon Delta. After graduation, I hope to pursue a dual MD/ MBA degree and further my career as a physician.

Kristen Giebel

My name is Kristen Giebel and I am from Belton, Texas. I am a Neuroscience major with a Biology minor on the Pre-Medicine track. After graduation, I hope to attend medical school and specialize in the field of neurology. I find Dr. Ginty’s research on the effects of stress on one’s mental and physical health to be fascinating. Outside of the laboratory, I am a Pre-Health Symposium Chair for Alpha Epsilon Delta and a member of the Ampersand Honor Society. In addition to this, I volunteer on a weekly basis at the Humane Society of Central Texas and the Care Net Medical Center. I am very excited to be a part of this incredible research until my graduation from Baylor in 2022.

Hailey Gulbransen

My name is Hailey Gulbransen, and I am from San Antonio, Texas. I am pursuing a B.S. in Psychology with a minor in chemistry on the Pre-Med track. I graduate from Baylor in December of 2022 and I plan on attending medical school. Outside of the lab I am on the professional development committee for BMSA, and a member of Alpha Chi Omega. I am very intrigued by Dr. Ginty’s research and thrilled to be contributing to her work.

Phoenix Jampol

My name is Phoenix Jampol and I am from Long Island, New York (I’m a huge Mets fan). I am a sophomore University Scholar with concentrations in neuroscience and Spanish and plan on going to medical school after graduation to continue my education and eventually do medical missions in South America. Outside the lab, I am involved in Christian Pre-Health Fellowship as I serve on the service committee and I serve with the kids ministry at Antioch Community Church. I am excited to be a part of the incredible research and community outreach that Dr. Ginty facilitates.

Nicholas Jianu

My name is Nicholas Jianu and I’m from Las Vegas, NV! I am pursuing a B.S. in Biology with a minor in medical humanities on the pre-med track. I will be graduating from Baylor in 2023 and plan on attending medical school afterwards. Dr. Ginty’s lab fascinates me because this lab focuses on the effects of cardiac stress on the psychological and physiological aspects of humans. This research is highly valuable as its findings leads to ways of improving human health. Outside of this lab, I am on BMSA’s global health committee, a pre-health mentor, part of the Family Health Clinic team, and am part of the Baylor Driving Club. I also enjoy travelling to Europe, working out and, hanging out with my friends.

Arjun Kapur

My name is Arjun Kapur and I am from Wichita, Kansas. I am a Sophomore pre-med student with a Medical Humanities major. I am also in the Honor’s program. After Baylor and a planned gap year, I hope to attend medical school! I am also a cell leader and member of Baylor’s Medical Service Organization (MSO). Outside of lab and college, I regularly lift weights and run as I am hoping to compete in my first men’s physique competition. I am very excited to be a part of Dr.Ginty’s lab because of the focus on correlating how human perception can affect physiology such as stressful situations impacting the human cardiovascular system.

Tyson Keyser

My name is Tyson Keyser and I’m from Mountainview, California! I am pursuing a B.S. in Neuroscience on the pre-medical track. I will be graduating from Baylor in 2023 and plan on attending medical school directly afterwards to achieve a Medical Degree (M.D). I was especially intrigued by Dr.Ginty’s research as it surprised me that something so specific could be applied to something so broad such as epidemics and viruses. This research is crucial in our time more now than ever given the struggles that the world has faced over these recent years from mental health and the stressors on it this very research is a building block in improving the lives of people across the world. Besides the lab, I am on the committee of publicity in BURST, a member of BMSA, and a NSCS Honor Society Member. My hobbies include gaming, working out, hanging with friends, and reading.

Katie Lakey

Hello, my name is Katie Lakey and this is my second year working in the Behavioral Medicine Lab. I am a junior pre-medicine student with a Public Health major, Biology minor, and a part of the BIC honors program. After Baylor, I plan to pursue a dual MD/MPH program to combine my passion for healthcare, global health, preventative health, public health research, and systematic issues in healthcare. I chose to work as an RA in this lab because I am interested in how perceived stress can change health behaviors and human physiology. I also believe in the community outreach portion of this lab including mentoring at-risk teens in Waco, global mission trips, and volunteering with Habitat for Humanity. Outside of the lab, I am involved in Alpha Epsilon Delta, Baylor Medical Student Association, and Kappa Alpha Theta.

Anneka Lewis

My name is Anneka Lewis and I am from Kansas City, Missouri! I am pursuing a B.S. in Neuroscience with a minor in religion on the Pre-Medical track. I will graduate from Baylor in the Spring of 2022 and hope to attend medical and graduate school to pursue a career as a physician scientist. I find Dr. Ginty’s area of research extremely engaging because of the connection between physiological and psychological effects with the impact of stress. Outside of the lab, I am a committee member for Baylor Medical Student Association (BMSA),  leader for Pathway with Baptist Student Ministries, I volunteer at Brookdale Senior Living Facility, and I work at CVS as a pharmacy technician.

Angela Lu

My name is Angela Lu and I am from Colorado Springs, Colorado, though I have also spent many years living in Nanjing, China. I am a psychology major and a biology minor on the pre-PA track. I hope to go to attend a program to become a physician assistant after I graduate. I decided to join Dr. Ginty’s lab to explore the research aspect of psychology and neuroscience. I also think that Dr. Ginty’s research is meaningful and fascinating, and I am extremely interested in how we can use the research to help people maintain their physical and mental health. Currently, I am a member of Baylor’s Ampersand Society and I also enjoy swimming, reading, hiking, traveling, and spending time with my friends and family.

Jonah McLaughlin

My name is Jonah McLaughlin and I am a freshman double majoring in Neuroscience and Physics. I am half-Chinese and half-American. I’ve spent roughly 14 years of my life living in Shenzhen, China. The areas of research I am fascinated by in Neuroscience are stress, anxiety, and depression. I love spending my spare time putting together probable theories and concepts. I am highly passionate about the work that I will be doing in Dr.Ginty’s lab. I am hoping under the guidance of Dr.Ginty that I will gain sufficient insight into what it is I need to achieve my dream of becoming a researcher.

Robbie Ridder

My name is Robbie Ridder, and I am from Los Gatos, California. At Baylor, I am pursuing a BA in psychology with a minor in biology as a student in the Honors College. In addition, I am on the premedical track and am pursuing the Certificate of Medical Spanish. I have always been interested in the brain, so I look forward to assisting Dr. Ginty with her research. Outside of the lab, I row on Baylor’s crew team and volunteer with the Medical Service Organization. After I graduate from Baylor in 2024, I hope to go on to medical school.

Carling Robinson

My name is Carling Robinson and I am from Basalt Colorado (it’s a small town near Aspen).  I am majoring in psychology and after I obtain my degree I aspire to pursue a Ph.D. in clinical psychology.  I joined Dr. Ginty’s lab because I wanted to learn more about the research process and I also find Dr. Ginty’s work regarding the relationship between the body’s physiological response to stress and how it can be used to predict the onset of unhealthy behaviors as well as diseases fascinating.  Outside of the lab I enjoy volunteering, running, skiing, and spending time with my friends and family.

Lee Rodenbaugh

My name is Lee Rodenbaugh and I am from Plano, Texas. I am majoring in neuroscience on the Pre-Physical Therapy track. I am pursuing this degree to eventually get my Doctorate of Physical Therapy and specialize in Pediatric Neurodevelopment.  I joined this lab because I want to contribute to the research that will help us to better understand the brain. Outside of the lab, I am involved in the Chi Omega sorority, Best Buddies, and Christian Prehealth Fellowship.

Briana Roenz

My name is Briana Roenz and I am from Houston, Texas. I am pursuing a double major with a B.S. in both Biology and Psychology on the Pre-Med track. After graduating from Baylor in 2024, I plan to attend medical school in hopes of becoming a pediatrician. I am very interested in Dr. Ginty’s research on stress and how stress can affect the development of different diseases and disorders. Outside of the lab, I am involved in AMWA and BMSA and I tutor at Mathnasium.

Trent Rothell

My name is Trent Rothell and I am from Frisco, Texas. I am a sophomore Business Fellow on the pre-med track, looking to double major in Finance with a minor in Biochemistry. After graduating from Baylor I hope to enter into an MD/MBA program and eventually become a practicing physician. Having previously done research on test anxiety in high school students, Dr. Ginty’s lab seemed like a great opportunity to continue exploring the interaction between physiological and psychological stress response while focusing on improving health. Outside of the lab, I am involved with committees in the Honors Residential College as well as BURST, and I am a member of MSO’s First Aid Service Team.

Joseph Shin

My name is Joseph Shin and I am from Fullerton, California. I am a Science Research Fellow concentrating in Genetics and Behavioral Neuroscience with a Biochemistry minor. I find Dr. Ginty’s work on the reactivity hypothesis and how chronic stress can impact one’s health fascinating. After Baylor, my dream is to pursue either a medical degree or an M.D/Ph.D degree and go on medical mission trips. Outside of the lab, I am the scholarship chair for Sigma Chi, the assistant social chair for Alpha Epsilon Delta, a committee member for BURST, and a lab assistant for Dr. Harvill’s 1406 class.

Taylor Shoraga

Hello, my name is Taylor Shoraga and I am from West Frankfort, Illinois. I am a pre-med student with a biology major and medical humanities and biochemistry minors. I am extremely interested in the cardiovascular system: I have shadowed 100+ hours in interventional cardiology. After I graduate from Baylor in May of 2022, I plan on attending medical school and specializing in some form of cardiology. Outside of the lab, I am a member of the Baylor Medical Student Association and sit on the Professional Development Committee and Mentoring Committee. I am also a member of the service sorority, Clasped Hands in Service (CHIS), in which I serve as the CHIS Secretary, sitting on the executive and judicial committees.

Luis Vega

Hello, my name is Luis Vega. I am from Houston, Texas. I am a sophomore Neuroscience major in the BIC and Honors program. After I graduate, I plan on pursuing a Ph.D. in Neuroscience. I joined Dr. Ginty’s lab because I would love to learn more about the role of stress in our behavior and health. Outside of the lab, I enjoy playing soccer, video games, and reading.

Katherine Welch

My name is Katherine Welch and I’m from Dallas, Texas. I am a senior Biology major on the Pre-Med track with a minor in Spanish. I will be graduating in May 2022 and after graduation, my goal is to attend medical school and then specialize in some form of cardiology. Outside of this lab I am a member of the Baylor Medical Student Association Service committee and am a member of Kappa Alpha Theta. In my free time I like hanging out with friends, cooking, and running.

Anny Zheng

My name is Anny Zheng, and I am a sophomore from Houston, TX pursuing a neuroscience major and a business administration minor on the pre-med track. After graduation, I plan on going to medical school, with the hopes of one day opening my own free clinic. What really intrigues me about Dr. Ginty’s lab is how relevant it is to our everyday lives, and how it reinforces the fact that our mental health is just as important as our physical health. Currently, I am involved in Faith Community Health, am a Recruitment Ambassador for Baylor, and the special events chair for Baylor Undergraduate Research in Science and Technology. I enjoy long car-rides, binging true crime videos, spending quality time with my friends, and making new ones.