Sanjana Ade

My name is Sanjana Ade and I’m from Chicago, Illinois! I am pursuing a B.S. in Neuroscience with a double minor in Spanish and Economics on the pre-med track. I will be graduating from Baylor in 2023 and plan on attending medical school afterwards. Dr. Ginty’s area of research interests me because it investigates the physiological impact of psychological stress on cardiovascular health. Understanding the impact of stress is important because research can contribute to proper prevention and treatment of diseases. Outside of this lab, I am a part of BURST; AMWA; Baylor High School Project; and an executive board member for Scientia, Baylor’s undergraduate scientific journal. I also enjoy travelling, trying new food, and binge-watching TV shows.

Hannah Barnes

My name is Hannah Barnes and I am from Houston, Texas. I am a junior majoring in health science studies on the pre-med track with a minor in gerontology. After graduating, I hope to attend medical school and pursue a career in pediatrics. Dr. Ginty’s lab interested me because it looks at how stress can impact health and I think that this is something more people should know about since everyone experiences stress. Outside of the lab, I am a member of BMSA and MEDS and am also a student worker at the OALA Testing Center. Some hobbies of mine include reading, working out, hanging out with friends, and playing with my German Shepherd.

Brianna Bates

My name is Brianna Bates, and I am a junior majoring in Neuroscience with a minor in Business Administration. I am intrigued by Dr. Ginty’s work because stress can be studied in so many ways across many different populations. I hope to go into research after I graduate and pursue a PhD and/or an MBA. Outside of the lab, I am a member on the Ampersand Society, a volunteer with Mission Waco, a member of MSO, and the Administration Officer of the Baylor Sailing Team.

Kaylena Berles

My name is Kaylena Berles, and I am from Phoenix, Arizona! I am a junior University Scholars major studying neuroscience and medical humanities. After graduation, I hope to attend medical school and pursue a career as a physician. Dr. Ginty’s lab appealed to me because I am interested in the connections between psychology and physiology, and I have a desire to better understand how stress impacts our mental and physical wellbeing. Outside of the lab, I am a member of Ampersand Honor Society and Kappa Alpha Theta, I volunteer at Waco Family Medicine, and I work at Providence hospital.

Kelsey Bubier

My name is Kelsey Bubier, and I am a sophomore from Denver, Colorado. I am majoring in Health Science Studies with a minor in Business Administration on the Pre-Med track. After graduating from Baylor in May of 2025, I hope to attend medical school to pursue a career as a Pediatrician or OB/GYN. I joined Dr. Ginty’s lab because I am fascinated by the intimate connection between biological processes and psychological phenomena. By examining this relationship, I hope to develop a more nuanced understanding of the human body in preparation for an occupation in the medical field. Outside of the lab, I am involved in Kappa Alpha Theta, Alpha Epsilon Delta, and Medical Service Organization. I also enjoy working out, travelling, and volunteering around the Waco community!

Diya D’Souza

My name is Diya D’Souza and I am from Austin, Texas. I am pursuing a B.S. in public health with honors on the Pre-Med track. I will graduate from Baylor in May of 2024 and I plan on attending medical school. Outside of the lab, I am involved in the ISSA, the Penland Activities Council, Alpha Chi Omega, as well as tutoring for Mathnasium. I am excited to be a part of this lab and am interested in how stress can affect health.

Kaitlyn Eshbaugh

My name is Kaitlyn Eshbaugh, and I am a sophomore and neuroscience major at Baylor University. I am originally from Dallas Texas. I have chosen neuroscience because the fact that thoughts, emotions, and original ideas all stem from chemistry and biology absolutely fascinate me. I am currently a tutor at the Baylor Tutor Center and a member of BSM. I am excited to be a part of a research lab that lines up with my interests and be surrounded by equally excited people. My hope for my participation would be the clarity of pursuing a Ph.D. or go towards a more clinical route.

Elkan Gbadebo

My name is Elkan Gbadebo, and I am a Sophomore neuroscience major from Katy, Texas. I joined Dr. Ginty’s lab because I find her research to be interesting and that the physiological results and its long terms effects is a topic the tends to be overlooked. Outside of the lab, I am a TA and I am also involved with Alpha Epsilon Delta. After graduation, I hope to pursue a dual MD/ MBA degree and further my career as a physician.

Hailey Gulbransen

My name is Hailey Gulbransen, and I am from San Antonio, Texas. I am pursuing a B.S. in Psychology with a minor in chemistry on the Pre-Med track. I graduate from Baylor in December of 2022 and I plan on attending medical school. Outside of the lab I am on the professional development committee for BMSA, and a member of Alpha Chi Omega. I am very intrigued by Dr. Ginty’s research and thrilled to be contributing to her work.

Jackson Hall

My name is Jackson Hall and I am from Las Vegas, Nevada. I am a sophomore majoring in Biology, and I am a part of the BIC and Honors Program on the pre-med track. After graduating, I plan to attend medical school and become an emergency medicine physician! I became especially interested in Dr. Ginty’s lab as I am fascinated by the long-term effects of stress such as chronic disease or neurological disorders and wanted to study them myself. Outside of the lab, I am part of MSO, Ampersand Society, and volunteer at Providence Hospice. Some of my favorite stress relievers include watching movies, playing the guitar, and basketball.

Jeanie Han

My name is Jeanie Han, and I am from Guatemala City, Guatemala. I am a junior pursuing a B.S. in Neuroscience with a minor in religion on the pre-med track! I will be graduating in 2024 and plan on attending medical school, possibly pursuing an accelerated master’s program in public health beforehand. I am passionate about global health and also aspire to become a long-term missionary to serve the underserved. Dr. Ginty’s research really captivates me because stress is such a dynamic and applicable field of study that people encounter daily. Its relevancy fascinates me, specifically the effect of early-life stressors that affect the long-term onset of certain diseases. Outside of the lab, I am the president of Global Medical Missions Alliance, Research Director of GHSN, Global Ambassador, and serve my church as leader here at Waco! In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with friends and eating good food!

Angelina Hartley

My name is Angelina Hartley, and I’m from Minneapolis, Minnesota! I am a sophomore neuroscience major in the Honors College on the pre-med track. I graduate from Baylor in 2024, and afterwards I plan on attending medical school. Dr. Ginty’s research interests me because stress is such a common experience, and I want to better understand the impacts it has on people’s health. Outside of the lab, I am a member of Baylor Red Cross and Alpha Lambda Delta, I tutor for the Student-Athlete Center for Excellence, and I mentor high school students at the Greater Waco Advanced Health Care Academy.

Phoenix Jampol

My name is Phoenix Jampol and I am from Long Island, New York (I’m a huge Mets fan). I am a sophomore University Scholar with concentrations in neuroscience and Spanish and plan on going to medical school after graduation to continue my education and eventually do medical missions in South America. Outside the lab, I am involved in Christian Pre-Health Fellowship as I serve on the service committee and I serve with the kids ministry at Antioch Community Church. I am excited to be a part of the incredible research and community outreach that Dr. Ginty facilitates.

Medhini Kapa

I’m Medhini Kapa from Washington State, but now Waco, TX (my parents moved with me). I am a Neuroscience major minoring in Biochemistry on the pre-med track, also a part of the Honors Program. I will be graduating from Baylor in 2025 and hope to attend medical school. I joined the BMED lab as it persecutes the impact of stress on our physical and mental health, and this was a topic of interest to me as stress impacts nearly every human being at some point in their lives. Apart from lab, I am the secretary of BURST, a volunteer at many of Waco’s marathons, and an avid badminton player!

Tyson Keyser

My name is Tyson Keyser and I’m from Mountainview, California! I am pursuing a B.S. in Neuroscience on the pre-medical track. I will be graduating from Baylor in 2023 and plan on attending medical school directly afterwards to achieve a Medical Degree (M.D). I was especially intrigued by Dr.Ginty’s research as it surprised me that something so specific could be applied to something so broad such as epidemics and viruses. This research is crucial in our time more now than ever given the struggles that the world has faced over these recent years from mental health and the stressors on it this very research is a building block in improving the lives of people across the world. Besides the lab, I am on the committee of publicity in BURST, a member of BMSA, and a NSCS Honor Society Member. My hobbies include gaming, working out, hanging with friends, and reading.

Esther Lee

My name is Esther Lee and I am from Arlington, Texas. I am a Junior majoring in Psychology with a minor in Spanish on the pre-med track. I am also the Missions Coordinator of Global Medical Missions Alliance, enjoy volunteering with Mission Waco, and am involved in leadership at my church in Waco! I joined the BMED lab because I am interested in the relationship between stress and the consequential physiological responses to it. I’m so excited to be involved in Dr. Ginty’s research and contribute to better understanding the possible prevention of diseases related to stress. 

Angela Lu

My name is Angela Lu and I have split my time growing up in Colorado Springs, Colorado and Nanjing, China. I am a senior psychology major and biology minor, and I plan to go to physician assistant school after graduation. I decided to join Dr. Ginty’s lab because I believe the research is meaningful and fascinating. I hope that I can contribute to developing a better understanding of the effects of stress on physiological aspects of the body. Outside of the lab, I am also an officer for Medical Service Organization and a member of Psi Chi.

Jonah McLaughlin

My name is Jonah McLaughlin and I am a freshman double majoring in Neuroscience and Physics. I am half-Chinese and half-American. I’ve spent roughly 14 years of my life living in Shenzhen, China. The areas of research I am fascinated by in Neuroscience are stress, anxiety, and depression. I love spending my spare time putting together probable theories and concepts. I am highly passionate about the work that I will be doing in Dr.Ginty’s lab. I am hoping under the guidance of Dr.Ginty that I will gain sufficient insight into what it is I need to achieve my dream of becoming a researcher.

Briana Roenz

My name is Briana Roenz and I am from Houston, Texas. I am pursuing a double major with a B.S. in both Biology and Psychology on the Pre-Med track. After graduating from Baylor in 2024, I plan to attend medical school in hopes of becoming a pediatrician. I am very interested in Dr. Ginty’s research on stress and how stress can affect the development of different diseases and disorders. Outside of the lab, I am involved in AMWA and BMSA and I tutor at Mathnasium.

Lauren Tanghongs

My name is Lauren Tanghongs and I am from Plano, Texas! I am a Junior pursuing a B.A in Psychology. I am very interested in Dr. Ginty’s research of how various sources and levels of stress impact our everyday behavior and health. In this lab, mental and physical health in relation to stress, especially its long-term effects, aligns with my interests in Sports Psychology. I hope that working under Dr. Ginty’s guidance, along with my peers, will help me decide my desires to pursue a Ph.D. Outside of the lab, I am the president of the Korean Student Association and I am involved with church. In my free-time, I love to cook and hangout with my friends! 

Luis Vega

Hello, my name is Luis Vega. I am from Houston, Texas. I am a sophomore Neuroscience major in the BIC and Honors program. After I graduate, I plan on pursuing a Ph.D. in Neuroscience. I joined Dr. Ginty’s lab because I would love to learn more about the role of stress in our behavior and health. Outside of the lab, I enjoy playing soccer, video games, and reading.

Hannah Zhang

My name is Hannah Zhang, and I am from Southern California. I am studying psychology with a minor in child and family studies and plan on graduating in Spring 2025. Currently, I am still exploring my career options but am looking at becoming either a pediatric nurse or child life specialist or attending graduate school in psychology. Dr. Ginty’s research interests me because of the wide variety of work revolving around stress and health and the intersection between physical and mental well-being. Outside of the lab, I enjoy playing on Baylor’s club ultimate frisbee and tennis teams and working at the BARC.

Anny Zheng

My name is Anny Zheng, and I am a sophomore from Houston, TX pursuing a neuroscience major and a business administration minor on the pre-med track. After graduation, I plan on going to medical school, with the hopes of one day opening my own free clinic. What really intrigues me about Dr. Ginty’s lab is how relevant it is to our everyday lives, and how it reinforces the fact that our mental health is just as important as our physical health. Currently, I am involved in Faith Community Health, am a Recruitment Ambassador for Baylor, and the special events chair for Baylor Undergraduate Research in Science and Technology. I enjoy long car-rides, binging true crime videos, spending quality time with my friends, and making new ones.