Alexandra Tyra, B.S.

Alex entered the program under the Behavioral Neuroscience track in Summer 2017 and joined the Baylor Behavioral Medicine Lab in Fall 2018. She received a B.S in Psychological Sciences and a B.S in Criminology and Criminal Justice from Northern Arizona University, where she also worked as a research assistant in a social/developmental lab. Her current research interests include how difficulties with emotion regulation and psychological stress impacts physiological and behavioral outcomes. In her spare time, she enjoys exercising, traveling, or settling down with a good book and warm cup of coffee.

Zachary Gariti, B.S.

Hello, my name is Zachary Gariti, and I am a PhD student in the Baylor Behavioral Medicine Lab. I received a B.S. in Psychology from the University of Georgia. I am interested in understanding how behavioral and biological changes can positively affect the health and wellbeing of individuals, particularly regarding more chronic conditions. In my spare time, I enjoy playing and watching sports, hiking, listening and playing music, and traveling.