78. Moon, D.L., J.T. Scott, and T.R. Johnson. 2021. Stoichiometric imbalances complicate prediction of phytoplankton biomass in US lakes: Implications for nutrient criteria. Limnology and Oceanography 66: 2967-2978.
77. *Wang, J. N.D. Wagner†, J.M. Fulton, and J.T. Scott. 2021. Diazotrophs modulate phycobiliproteins and nitrogen stoichiometry differently than other cyanobacteria in response to light and nitrogen availability. Limnology and Oceanography 66: 2333-2345.
76. Lovin, L.M., S. Kim, R.B. Taylor, K.R. Scarlett, L.M. Langan, C.K. Chambliss, S. Chatterjee, J.T. Scott, and B.W. Brooks. 2021. Differential influences of (±) anatoxin-a on photolocomotor behavior and gene transcription in larval zebrafish and fathead minnows. Environmental Sciences Europe 33: 40.
75. *Osburn, F.S., N.D. Wagner†, and J.T. Scott. 2021. Biological stoichiometry and growth dynamics of a diazotrophic cyanobacteria in nitrogen sufficient and deficient conditions. Harmful Algae 103: 102011.
74. †Wagner, N.D., E. Quach**, S. Buscho**, A. Ricciardelli**, A. Kannan**, S. Win Naung**, G. Phillip**, B. Sheppard**, L. Ferguson**, A. Allen**, C. Sharon**, J.R. Duke, R.B. Taylor, B.J. Austin, J.K. Stovall, B.E. Haggard, C.K. Chambliss, B.W. Brooks, and J.T. Scott. 2021. Nitrogen form, concentration, and micronutrient availability affect microcystin production in cyanobacterial blooms. Harmful Algae 103: 102002.
73. Peace, A., P.C. Frost, N.D. Wagner†, M. Danger, C. Accolla, P. Antczak, B.W. Brooks, D.M. Costello, R.A. Everett, K.B. Flores, C.M. Heggerud, R. Karimi, Y. Kang, Y. Kuang, J.H. Larson, T. Mathews, G.D. Mayer, J.N. Murdock, C.A. Murphy, R.M. Nisbet, L. Pecquerie, N. Pollesch, E.M. Rutter, K.L. Schulz, J.T. Scott, L. Stevenson, and H. Wang. 2021. Stoichiometric ecotoxicology for a multisubstance world. BioScience 71: 132-147.
72. Austin, B.J., V. Eagle, M.A. Evans-White, J.T. Scott, and B.E. Haggard. 2020. Sediment phosphorus release sustains nuisance periphyton growth when nitrogen is not limiting. Journal of Limnology 79: 210-220.
71. Evans-White, M.A., A. Smartt, H. Halvorson, S.A. Entrekin, and J.T. Scott. 2020. Leaf-litter stoichiometry and microbial phosphatase activity, respiration, and decomposition as phosphorus enrichment endpoints: a laboratory experiment. Freshwater Science 39: 665-679.
70. Scarlett, K.R., S. Kim, L.M. Lovin, S. Chatterjee, J.T. Scott, and B.W. Brooks. 2020. Global scanning of cylindrospermopsin: Critical review and analysis of aquatic occurrence, bioaccumulation, toxicity, and health hazards. Science of the Total Environment 738: 139807
69. Taylor, J.M., A.R. Rodman*, and J.T. Scott. 2020. Stream algal biomass response to experimental phosphorus and nitrogen gradients: a case for dual nutrient management in agricultural watersheds. Journal of Environmental Quality 46: 140-151, doi: 10.2134/jeq2019.04.0180
68. Grover, J.P., J.T. Scott, D.L. Roelke, and B.W. Brooks. 2020. Dynamics of nitrogen-fixing cyanobacteria with heterocysts: A stoichiometric model. Freshwater and Marine Research 71: 644-658, doi.org/10.1071/MF18361
67. Paerl, H.W., K.E. Havens, H. Xu, G. Zhu, M.J. McCarthy, S.E. Newell, J.T. Scott, N.S. Hall, T.G. Otten, B. Qin. 2020. Mitigating eutrophication and toxic cyanobacterial blooms in large lakes: The evolution of a dual nutrient (N and P) reduction paradigm. Hydrobiologia 847: 4359-4375. doi.org/10.1007/s10750-019-04087-y
66. †Wagner, N.D., F.S. Osburn*, J. Wang*, R.B. Taylor, A.R. Boedecker*, B.W. Brooks, C.K. Chambliss, and J.T. Scott. 2019. Biological stoichiometry regulates toxin production in Microcystis aeruginosa (UTEX 2385). Toxins 11: 601.
65. Scott, J.T., M.J. McCarthy, and H.W. Paerl. 2019. Nitrogen transformations differentially affect nutrient-limited primary production in lakes of varying trophic state. Limnology and Oceanography Letters 4: 96-104.
64. Halvorson, H.M., C.L. Fuller, S.A. Entrekin, J.T. Scott, and M.A. Evans-White. 2019. Interspecific homeostatic regulation and growth across aquatic invertebrate detritivores: A test of ecological stoichiometry theory. Oecologia 190: 229-242.
63. *Baker, B.C., A.E. Wilson, and J.T. Scott. 2018. Phytoplankton N2 fixation efficiency at its effect on harmful algal blooms. Freshwater Science 37: 264-275.
62. Grantz, E.M., B.E. Haggard, and J.T. Scott. 2018. Substituting values for censored data from Texas, USA, reservoirs inflated and obscured trends in analyses commonly used for water quality target development. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment 190: 394.
61. Halvorson, H.M., C.L. Fuller, S.A. Entrekin, J.T. Scott, and M.A. Evans-White. 2018. Detrital nutrient content and leaf species differentially affect growth and nutritional regulation of detritivores. Oikos 127: 1471-1481. doi 10.1111/oik.05201
60. Stelzer, R.S., and J.T. Scott. 2018. Predicting nitrate retention at the groundwater-surface water interface in sandplain streams. JGR Biogeosciences 123: 2824-2838. doi 10.1029/2018JG004423
59. McCarty, J.A., M.D. Matlock, J.T. Scott, and B.E. Haggard. 2018. Risk indicators for identifying critical source areas in five Arkansas watersheds. Transactions of the ASABE 61: 1-8.
58. *Speir, S.L., J.M. Taylor, and J.T. Scott. 2017. Seasonal differences in relationships between nitrate concentrations and denitrification rates in ditch sediments vegetated with rice cutgrass. Journal of Environmental Quality 46: 1500-1509.
57. *Rodman, A.R., and J.T. Scott. 2017. Comparing two periphyton collection methods commonly used for stream bioassessment and the development of numeric nutrient standards. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment 189: 360.
56. Brennan, R.B., J.T. Scott, A.N. Sharpley, H.T. Lally, H.P. Jarvie, M.J. Bowes, B.E. Haggard, and E. Gbur. 2017. Linking soil erosion to instream dissolved phosphorus cycling and periphyton growth. Journal of the American Water Resources Association 53: 809-821.
55. Paerl, H.W., J.T. Scott, M.J. McCarthy, S.E. Newell, W.S. Gardner, K.E. Havens, D.K. Hoffman, S.W. Wilhelm, and W.A. Wurtsbaugh. 2016. It takes two to tango: When and where dual nutrient (N & P) reductions are needed to protect lakes and downstream ecosystems. Environmental Science and Technology 50: 10805-10813.
54. †Winston, B.A., E. Pollack, and J.T. Scott. 2016. The effect of elevated CO2 caused by global climate change on reservoir eutrophication. Lake and Reservoir Management 32(4): 373-385.
53. *West, A.O., and J.T. Scott. 2016. Black disk visibility, turbidity, and total suspended solids in rivers: a comparative evaluation. Limnology and Oceanography: Methods 14: 658-667.
52. *West, A.O., J.M. Nolan, and J.T. Scott. 2016. Optical water quality and human perceptions of rivers: an ethnohydrology study. Ecosystem Health and Sustainability. Volume 2 Issue 8: 11 pages
51. Halvorson, H., E.E. Scott*, S.A. Entrekin, M.A. Evans-White, and J.T. Scott. 2016. Interactive effects of light and dissolved phosphorus on leaf litter microbial metabolism and stoichiometry. Freshwater Biology 61: 1006-1019.
50. *West, A.O., J.M. Nolan, and J.T. Scott. 2016. Optical water quality and human perceptions: A synthesis. WIREs Water 3: 167-180.
49. Paerl, H.W., W.S. Gardner, K.E. Havens, A.R. Joyner, M.J. McCarthy, S.E. Newell, B. Qin, and J.T. Scott. 2016. Mitigating cyanobacterial harmful algal blooms in aquatic ecosystems impacted by climate change and anthropogenic nutrients. Harmful Algae 54: 213-222.
48. Halvorson, H., G. White**, J.T. Scott, and M.A. Evans-White. 2016. Dietary and taxonomic controls on utilization of microbial carbon and phosphorus by three detritivorous caddisflies. Oecologia 180: 567-579.