Skip to content
- January: Dr. Hwa officially joins the faculty of the Baylor Psychology & Neuroscience department to start her research and teaching laboratory.
- November: Dr. Hwa remotely presents her research at the Mount Sinai Neuroscience (MSN) seminar series at the Ichan School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. This initiative promotes diversity and gives selected senior postdocs the opportunity to showcase their work.
- September: Dr. Hwa has a virtual visit to the Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, hosted by the Physiology department. Her seminar was selected for the Alcohol & Drug Abuse Center of Excellence Postdoctoral Fellow Seminar Series, details found here.
- July: Dr. Hwa’s major postdoctoral paper is published in eLife! Read it online or in the Publications section here.
- March: During the global COVID-19 pandemic, research activities slow. Be safe out there!
- September: Dr. Hwa is awarded a K99/R00 Pathway to Independence research grant from the National Institute for Alcoholism and Alcohol Abuse. This NIH funding allows her to advance her postdoctoral training before launching an independent research laboratory studying the neuroscience of alcohol drinking.