Elisabeth G. Vichaya, PhD – Principal Investigator

Email – Baylor Faculty Page – PubMed – ResearchGate – Google Scholar – Twitter

I have been an Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychology & Neuroscience at Baylor University since August 2019.  I earned a PhD in Behavioral & Cellular Neuroscience from Texas A&M University in 2011 and did postdoctoral training in the Neuroimmunology Laboratory at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.

My research is currently focused on exploring the mechanisms underlying the development and maintenance of fatigue and depression in the context of cancer and inflammatory conditions (e.g., diabetes, aging, chronic stress).

Some of the recent publications I have had the opportunity to be involved in are listed below:

For a full list of my publications, see: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/myncbi/elisabeth.vichaya.1/bibliography/public/

Additionally, I am a wife and a mother of two great little kids. My family keeps me busy, but helps me maintain perspective.

When I can find the time, I love to read, and when I can’t read, I listen to audiobooks and podcasts. I also love to travel.  There is nothing more relaxing than a hike in the mountains or a walk on the beach.