- Set site to use Block Editor
- In the left Sidebar of your dashboard, go to Settings -> Writing. Scroll down to “Default Editor For All Users” and make sure Block editor is selected.
- Set site to use CampusPress Flex theme
- In the left Sidebar of your dashboard, go to Appearance -> Themes: The first theme in the list will be your active theme. If this is not CampusPress Flex, start typing “campuspress” in the “Search installed themes” search bar and it will rise to the top of the list. Hover over the theme and click the Activate button.
- Activate the “Customizer Export/Import” plugin
- In the left Sidebar of your dashboard, click Plugins and then the Appearance tab to filter the list down. Click the Activate button on the “Customizer Export/Import” plugin.
- Download theme and footer files from Box
- Install the footer file
- In the left Sidebar of your dashboard click Reusable Blocks, then click the “Import from JSON” button at the top of the page and browse to where you saved the footer file you downloaded in the previous step.
Applying the Theme
NOTE: While in the theme customization area, you can press the “Publish” button at the top of the left sidebar at any time to save your progress.
- In the left Sidebar of your dashboard, go to Appearance -> Customize. This will open up the theme customization area.
- Import the theme file
- Scroll to the bottom of the left sidebar and click Export/Import
- Click the Browse button under Import and find the file you saved in step 4 of Getting Started. Click the import button.
- Set Footer
- Click the left arrow near the top of the sidebar to return to the main menu. Then click on Footer.
- Scroll down to the “Include Reusable Block” section and use the pulldown to select the block you imported in step 5 of Getting Started.
- Further customization
- You may want to download one of the wordmarks from the Baylor branding page (https://brand.web.baylor.edu/brand-toolbox), upload it to Media -> Library, and add it under Appearance -> Customize -> General -> Site Identity -> Logo
- You may want to add a hero image under the main header under Appearance -> Customize -> Hero -> Default Hero Images (near the bottom of the left sidebar)
- Once you are happy with your changes, be sure to click the Publish button at the top of the left sidebar before leaving the theme customization page (you can click Publish at any time during the customization process to save your progress).
- You can find further information about the CampusPress Flex theme here: https://help.edublogs.org/campuspress-flex-theme-guide/