by Kirk Wakefield – April 2016
We have all been to sports conferences that focus on best practices at work. But, can we be the best at work while also being the best at home? The Daniel Summit focuses on leadership, personal and character development. We don’t have to choose between being the best at home or the best at work. We can do both!
With that idea in mind, the Daniel Summit was founded in 2013 by several top sports executives across all leagues. The summit gathers men and women within the sports & entertainment industry, committed to excellence personally and professionally. Participants share a common goal of using the platform God has provided to positively influence the personal and professional lives of others. Check out the vision here to learn more.
The goals of the summit
- To challenge & encourage attendees to use the sports and entertainment platform/influence they have been given for God
- To equip attendees to be better leaders/executives, spouses and parents
- To provide attendees a year-round support system of like-minded men and women within the sports and entertainment industries
We expect over 100 people to participate this year. The speaker line up is strong. Below are a few of them:
- Mitch Barnhart, Athletic Director @University of Kentucky
- Bobby Evans, SVP/GM @San Francisco Giants
- Erik Greupner, EVP/General Counsel @San Diego Padres
- Mark Foreman, Lead Pastor @North Coast Calvary Chapel
Do you work in the sports industry? Are you passionate about excellence personally and professionally? We hope you will join us this July 15-16 in Carlsbad, California.