ENT Buzz | Deana Steele

Deana Steele, Office Manager Department of Entrepreneurship

WHO IS DEANA STEELE?

I’m from Tomball, a small Texas town that my family helped found in the 1800s. I was raised in the oldest Lutheran church in Texas, Salem Lutheran Church. I’ve been married to my husband, JonL, for 30 years. We have one son, Dustin; a daughter-in-law, Danielle; and a grandson, Logan.

WHAT DO YOU DO AT BAYLOR?

I’ve been the Office Manager in the Entrepreneurship Department at Baylor for almost three years. I kind of think of myself as a Jack of all trades in the business school, and I love it.

WHAT’S SOMETHING INTERESTING ABOUT WORKING IN THE ENT DEPARTMENT?

I love working in the Entrepreneurship department! I am a people person and have had the privilege of meeting so many interesting people from all walks of life that visit Baylor.

WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE BAYLOR TRADITION?

Although I am not a Baylor grad, I love all of the Baylor traditions. I especially love everything about the Baylor Line. I think it’s an awesome way for the University, upperclassmen and the entire Baylor family to welcome the new freshmen to Baylor.

WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE TO A NEW ENT MAJOR?

My advice for all students is to reach out to your professors! Each day, I see first-hand how much these professors enjoy and love their students.

For more information on Baylor Entrepreneurship, please visit our website at baylor.edu/business/entrepreneurship/.